Ensuring that staff schedules remain in line with business needs is vital to success, but juggling scheduling rules, contracts, shift patterns, flexible working hours and ever-changing requirements presents a huge challenge if you manage them manually.
Automatic scheduling systems allow you to create and manage an effective schedule by taking into account your business requirements, your employees’ needs and your scheduling rules.
at First Glance
The enlightened enterprise takes agent preferences and skill sets into account when scheduling. The “standard agent” approach to solving resource issues (i.e. treating one agent the same as any other) will cause problems with both agent satisfaction and customer service levels.
Most companies using advanced workforce management software will have between six and nine skill-sets to work with, although a few contact centres use as many as 50.
Yet the business’s needs must come first, so a scheduler will have to find the best way to match the company’s requirements with those of its employees.
This can get particularly complicated in a multimedia environment which usually has agents with multiple media handling skills (e.g. voice, email, text chat, etc.) and multiple business abilities (e.g. sales, service, product knowledge, languages, etc.).
Businesses must look for a solution which does not over-simplify the scheduling process, yet retains usability and the flexibility to make changes.
Solutions that allow agents to request and alter their own schedules (for example, around holidays) are becoming increasingly sought-after, as they have also been proven to strengthen agent morale.
Making sure that your scheduling suits both your staff and your business brings a number of benefits:
- Enhanced efficiency and lower costs through consistent and timely planning based on business needs
- Greater customer satisfaction as a result of improved service
- Automation of administration, freeing managers and planners to do what they do best
- Automatic monitoring
WFM task-based scheduling enables you to configure sequences of work activities to be used in shifts. These task sequences guarantee that a specific period of time is spent on a specified activity or set of work activities. … And WFM can optimize the assignment of task times based on forecast staffing requirements.
- Step 1: Identify Available Time. Start by establishing the time you want to make available for your work. …
- Step 2: Schedule Essential Actions. …
- Step 3: Schedule High-Priority Activities. …
- Step 4: Schedule Contingency Time.
- Communication. Schedulers use communication skills to speak with coworkers and patients on a regular basis. …
- Organizational skills. Staying organized is essential to successfully perform the role of scheduler. …
- Problem-solving. …
- Customer service. …
- Interpersonal skills. …
- Technical skills.
What Will You Learn?
- Scheduling is a key sub function in WFM and plays very important role in the organisation.
- Ensuring that staff schedules remain in line with business needs is vital to success, but juggling scheduling rules, contracts, shift patterns, flexible working hours and ever-changing requirements presents a huge challenge if you manage them manually.
- Automatic scheduling systems allow you to create and manage an effective schedule by taking into account your business requirements, your employees’ needs and your scheduling rules.
- a)To learn Scheduler develops and maintains scheduling information
- b)To learn Understand the business and function better
- c)To Learn measuring performance, monitoring the effectiveness, maintaining changes, and producing reports based on their analysis
- d)To learn ensure data is accurate and useful
- e)To learn systematic approach to solve any problems they may confront during scheduling of projects.
- Tutorial Booklets
- Instruction Videos
- No experience or pre-knowledge required
- Any computer and/or laptop (both Window and Mac OS)
- No special software needed, just a connection to the Internet
- Professionals in WFM/ HR / Resource Management / Operation/ MIS/ Call Centre/ BPO / Students
Getting started the WFM Scheduling course
Overview of WFM Scheduling02:10:40
WFM Scheduling practical session -2 ( IEX Tool training)03:49:52
WFM Scheduling session -301:45:49
Q&A session on WFM Scheduling01:17:03
WFM Scheduling Tech
WFM NICE iEx Part1 Screen Layout & Functions07:29
WFM Tech Learning Book
WFM scheduling with IEX Machine Learning based WFM01:07
WFM Scheduling NICE Back Office – Hands On Efficient Scheduling05:17
WFM Schedule Preferences IEX 6 4 team member training04:29
WFM Interview Questions & ANS Session
WFM Interview Questions & ANS Session01:31:15